It really is MY party and I cry if I want to, or NOT!! The most important lesson I've come to realize is that it really is my life and I make of it what I want. With every year that passes, I realize a few things and evolve in my stance on others. Today these are a few that stand out:
1. Put one foot in front of the other despite circumstance.
2. Accept your negative feelings, and then let them go! There's no need to avoid or lie to about how you're feeling, just admit it and learn to let it go or just be.
3. Prioritize AND balance! Consider a balance beam. If we placed work on one side and home life and everything on he other, the balance would still be totally off. Home and personal life consists of so many things and work life (although it pays the bills) cannot take up more of your time than it.
4. Give permission to love yourself and others just the way you and they are. Ditch the idea of what things should be based on what you've been conditioned to believe.
5. Energy is so important.... keep yours neutral towards things that are least important to your life, kick it up a notch toward things that contribute happiness, and acknowledge but turn away from things and people that only seek to drain it. Energy is always trying to stay fulfilled, so be mindful of that when forming relationships and hanging on to dead ones that do not suit your purpose.
6. The evolution of parenting is hard business, but necessary. You have to raise your children in a way that will help them navigate through their world, not the world we live in today. This is not to say that we have to buy into what others think we should be doing or not.
7. Friendships... that's a tricky one and has always been an unconquered feat. The word is used too lightly and often never enough. Friends support you and they tell you the truth when its required. They buy the sugary Koolaid even if they are diabetic... but you know it. They clap for you even when they feel behind... but you know it. You know it and you acknowledge it. That's what makes you a good friend. In the same breath, you outgrow some people as well and you have to be friend enough to acknowledge it. You may even realize that some were never friends to begin, doesn't make them bad people, they just were never supposed to be placed in the friend category. (I've actually had people un-follow me on social media, but still contact me in private when they want someone to talk to... this is an example of not-good energy.)
8. Marriage.... its a partnership AND friendship that requires room to let people grow.. or not. It is a decision to do life with someone in a manner that is not hurtful to them or you. What it is not is a challenge to match up to some childhood ideal or dream or what is often depicted on social media, television, and the community. It is not a replacement for all your other relationships.
9. Your worth? If you don't define it, someone else will and it will always be less than it should be.
10. STOP PLACING YOUR EXPECTATION AND BELIEFS ON OTHERS. YOU DO YOU AND THEY CAN DO THEM.... WITHOUT ONE BEING RIGHT OR WRONG.
11. God speaks to regular people like you and me... every day. If He dwells within, then we do not need externals to guide us to Him once we become in-tune. We need only to let go of things that drown Him out: over-working, mental clutter, busyness, etc.
So these are my top 11 things I feel are ever-so important to my evolution as a person. I'm sure you have your own ever-so important lessons or Ah-ha moments that have help you navigate through life. You can have your cake (..or chocolate chip pancakes) and eat it too!
My name is Frankie Reed-Shaw. I am a wife and mother of three. I love all things creative, especially writing thought-provoking pieces. I embarked on my journey of blogging about growth, maturity, and SPIRITUAL concepts about two years ago. My passion is expressing challenging ideas in hopes that myself, and others, engage in consistently thinking outside the box and strive to live a most authentic life, free of constraints. Don't be shy, feel free to comment your life experiences and wisdom on any post.